In This Episode
How are multivitamins really made? Do nutrients from vitamins replace food? What do whole food vitamins even mean? Supplement manufacturers make you think they create vitamins by using raw organic whole foods, taking their essence, and squeezing it into a nice little capsule for convenience. They make you think that by taking these little capsules of miracle, you have taken in all the fruits and vegetables you need for the day. Is that true?
In this episode, Dr. Neal Smoller and Mark DeCicco dive deep into the truth of how vitamins are made (hint: it’s NOT with whole foods), the synthetic additives that are added in the capsules, how to read the ingredient label and see through the BS by breaking down one of the most popular multivitamin brands in the market.
- The whole food promise
- Vitamins vs. Food
- Where you can actually find nutrient info for food
- Neal and Mark break down the ingredient label of the most popular multivitamin brand!
- The percentage of that whole food in your vitamins. Let’s do the math!
- We revisit Vitamin C and how much do we need.
- The real definition of food
- How vitamins are actually made in the lab
- Multivitamins are misrepresented
- High dose synthetic isolated multivitamins