In This Episode
New Year, new you? Not so fast! Before you start penning those lofty plans for 2023, dive into the dark side of goal-setting with the notoriously skeptical, perpetually curious Dr. Neal Smoller. In this eye-opening episode of the Wellness Upside Down podcast, the truth about attaching your sense of self-worth to external achievements — and so much more — is revealed.
Dr. Neal is joined by the esteemed clinical psychologist, Dr. Lawerence Dresdale, to guide you through the treacherous waters of goal-setting with actionable, science-backed advice. You’ll leave this episode freed from the vicious cycle of self-doubt that comes as a result of New Year’s resolutions, and with practical tips for making sustainable, long-term changes in your life.
- Science behind goal-setting and its problematic effect on mental health
- Supplement Ponzi schemes
- New Year’s resolutions vs. a New Year’s vision
- Building self-discipline
- Seasonal marketing’s effect on self-esteem
- Getting out of the instant feedback loop
- Approaching goals with curiosity, not attachment